Sunday, February 10, 2013

So far...

English has never been my favorite subject nor my best. I am not the best at speaking up in front of others. I hate being the center of attention. I enjoy the fact that the Sweeney is using the blogging technique. It gives us shy people a chance to speak out. I have enjoyed English 102 so far and have been keeping up with all of the readings. When I read the first story "How to Become a Writer", I thought "well this is going to be pretty easy." Because it was such a short story, but I have realized that the stories get longer as we go along. We have read about seven stories already. I think I have liked almost all, but a couple. For instance, I have never been a big Edgar Allan Poe fan and I had to read " A Cask of Amontillado" once before and did not like it. He is a strange man and rather creepy. Also, "The Yellow Wallpaper" was weird. Other than those two, I actually liked and read to the end of all of the other stories. For some reason, "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven" was one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment