Wednesday, March 27, 2013

catching up

I am definitely a few weeks behind on my blog posts. So I am trying to catch up and write some where I left off. My last post was about The Glass Menagerie. I had not finished the story yet. I have a few opinions on the ending of The Glass Menagerie and such.

I did not expect for Jim to have a girlfriend. He seemed like he liked Laura, but then turned around and said he was with some girl name Betty. I thought that was dumb for him to even come to dinner. How could Tom not have known about this girl Betty? He talks about how he was best friends with the guy at work. Laura was a special character and almost every symbol in the story referred to her and one night with Jim and he takes it away. The unicorn signified Laura and how she was so different from everybody. It fell off the table as they danced and kissed. It showed that Laura was just like every other girl. Because the unicorns horn broke off turning it into just a regular horse.

Tom just ditched Laura and Amanda, but I mean with a mother like Amanda who really wants to stick around? She is very annoying and way too talkative. We would all like to think that Laura turned out okay, but it does not tell what happens to her. I do not think she will ever find a gentleman caller, because she is so nervous around people.

1 comment:

  1. I don't actually think Jim knew Tom invited him so he can meet Laura. But I think the kiss actually helped shy Laura.

    ReplyDelete