Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Novel

We are supposed to be reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, by Michael Chabon. I have started the book, but cannot get too far into it because I find it so boring. Even when I am reading it I do not feel like I am retaining any of it. I am not the biggest reader in the world, but I like some stories and if it is really good I can finish it, but I do not think I will be able to even finish it. People I have talked to have told me that it gets better, but I just do not see that. What makes it even worse is the fact that it is about 600 or more pages. This is a pretty short post, but I know most people do not want to see a 300 word rant about how much I dislike a book.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

Adding to this, I read a plot summary on the book and found that the book actually did get interesting! I was surprised by this, but still have yet to finish the book and I definitely never will since the semester is over. Joe had a baby with the girl but went off to war. Sammy is gay, but does not want his sexuality to effect his life. He actually helps raise Joe's baby, because it is the right thing to do and probably to try and cover up his homosexuality. They name him Tommy, because Tommy was the name of Joe's brother that died. There was a lot more that happened, but these were just key points!

No comments:

Post a Comment