Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Today...

Today we went over all of the poems we were supposed to read over break. I think almost all of them were about war. I am not a big poetry fan, because I like literal things. I rather the story just come out and say what they have to say not dance around the matter to make it sound cool.

I also need to start the essay that is due in a couple of weeks. I am not sure what to write about since it is basically whatever we want, but we have to mention the stories we read. I am one of the worlds biggest procrastinators.


I am adding to this because I have not made this blog at least 200 words. I decided to write that paper on the female dependency on males in stories we have read. I used "The Glass Menagerie", "The Yellow Wallpaper", and "Hills Like White Elephants" in my paper. They all had more than one example of women being dependent on the men in the story. In "The Glass Menagerie", Jim had the control over Laura treating her just like any other girl. Also, Laura and Amanda showed their dependency on Tom. In "The Yellow Wallpaper", there is an obvious male control theme. The husband, John, who is also a doctor locks his wife up and belittles her condition. He does not allow her to write her feelings or anything. In "Hills Like White Elephants", Jig is dependent on the American to make the decision of getting an abortion.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this has nothing to do with this blog, but i really like that saying up on top of your blog page "knowledge speaks,but wisdom listen" it explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete